Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chutora's Death
Ginga Board > Community board > Ginga Densetsu Weed
Pages: 1, 2
Havok
Okay, I don't think Chutora is actually dead blink.gif
I actually think he is alive and just maybe left Ohu, for the following reasons:
1. We never saw his death.
2. When his sons die defending Gajou, why did it show Akatora and not him?
3. It is never spoken about his 'brave death' like every other ginga character.
4. Kuro, Kage nor any of Chutora's sons ever mention what happened to him.

Am I the only one who thinks Chu may still pop up somewhere random in the manga, or is this me delving too deeply into things just cos Chutora was my fav Kai Brother? Or do you think my points are right?

What are your thoughts on Chutora's 'supposed' death?
x
Densetsu No Kage
I think Chutora did die, he probably died about three years before Weed was born. My guess is he died in a serious battle or died on accident, he could be alive but its very unlikley. In the Anime, in the ending you can see him in the sky with Akatora, meaning he might be dead...but we all know how the Anime is laugh.gif Hopefully Yoshihiro will clear this up
Havok
Thanks DNK <3
I think he could be alive, and yes, you're totally correct, the anime is just -not- reliable laugh.gif
I also hope that Yoshi tells us what happened ^^
x
MitchFox
This question about Chutora has been asked many times before...Anyway, in my theory, it is most likely that Chutora had died of old age yet the manga and anime didn't mention about him because the readers would rather hear about heroic deaths than those who died of old age.
zetina
QUOTE (Mitchfoxbane @ Aug 8 2008, 08:03 PM) *
...Anyway, in my theory, it is most likely that Chutora had died of old age...

I dunno... Ben and Kurotora are still alive.
I'd like to believe that he supposedly died somewhere but is actualy held prisoner/lost his memory/spying on potentional enemies or maybe I'm just being crazy XD
KurotoraSan
Yeah, this question has been asked many times, and there's no clear answer, since there's no statement about Chutora....

He probably died at old age, like you think, but it's weird that he's not mentioned in the manga?
Densetsu No Kage
I looked at pictures from Hougen's defeat, y'know when all the old Ginga ghosts came to aid Weed? This was in the manga, they showed Akatora but not Chutora! Even when Moss died, Akatora was there and not Chutora! The manga leaves valuable clues
Tora
I don't agree Mitch. The Kai-brothes were some of the youngest soldiers in GNG.
My theory is that he died in some kind of sickness. And that I think would be emberessing for an Ou-warrior, so that's why they haven't mentioned it.
Another theory is that he was captured by humans and was taken out of Japan.
Kasi
I'm not really sure. All I really think is that Yoshi nolonger had any need for him or just didn't want to include him anymore. He could be dead, moved away or simply not participate in any of the events =)

Another thing, did we ever see or have any mention of the Mutsu four other than Kisaragi?
Dametora
I thought they mentioned in the manga some where that he did die of old age.

Knowing Chutora, I doubt he'd just leave Ou and his sons behind. I believe he died naturally, thus why he's not among the soldier spirits.
Keirin
Maybe his death will be told better later, if it affects the story somehow. at least they mentioned him somewhere in the anime. There were no wars so maybe of sickness or old age?
Havok
Thank you all for your opinions <33333
x
Nagai
Even if Chutora is dead it's kinda bad he doesn't show up along with the other Ohu warriors
during the last battle against Hougen.

But in the animé during the credits both Akatora & Chutora can be seen... but
no where to be founded in the manga.
Even if Chutora died of old age it would still be helpful that it gets mentioned otherwise
more topics like this one will be opened since it never gets revealed fully.

Fayt
i think it will be said sometime what happend too him like in the weed gaiden or another spin off manga like it. but then again Yoshihiro might not want too say at all what happend too him. i kinda do think he could be dead as shouji say 'i cant let are uncle that raised us die' when he pushed Kurotora down to akame. so that kinda says he is dead and has been for a very long time but then again it could mean he has just dissapeared but i really dont think he would have gone off an never come back. i dont think thats like him at all with the kai-dog strong famaliy bond and all
Kasi
QUOTE (darkpheonixchild @ Aug 14 2008, 07:04 PM) *
i kinda do think he could be dead as shouji say 'i cant let are uncle that raised us die' when he pushed Kurotora down to akame. so that kinda says he is dead and has been for a very long time but then again it could mean he has just dissapeared but i really dont think he would have gone off an never come back. i dont think thats like him at all with the kai-dog strong famaliy bond and all

I agree =) I forgot about that quote, I don't know if it's anime-only but it its not, then I'm convinced he's dead now.
Fayt
^^ at first i forgot about it too but i had the ep playing on my laptop so i saw it, hmm im not sure if it is anime-only as i cant read the manga but i do have that bit in the manga. it does pretty much say he is dead but like i said it could mean he just disapear somewhere and never came back but we dont know unless it is said in a manga about it
Kyoushiro's Lady
Yes Chutora's dead... The question who never get the answer V_V
I think Chutora died of old ages. Now when we say "old ages" don't go and bug Ben or Cross, Moss and Musashi too. We talk about breed no ages. Chutora was the youngest as I remember, and meybe he died, because (I think) Yoshi disliked him.
I also think that, meybe Chutora will appear, just like Joe appeared O_O
Hakutora
QUOTE (Kyoushiro's Lady @ Aug 14 2008, 07:54 AM) *
Yes Chutora's dead... The question who never get the answer V_V
I think Chutora died of old ages. Now when we say "old ages" don't go and bug Ben or Cross, Moss and Musashi too. We talk about breed no ages. Chutora was the youngest as I remember, and meybe he died, because (I think) Yoshi disliked him.
I also think that, meybe Chutora will appear, just like Joe appeared O_O

How could you dislike one of the 3 kai brothers!?!Especially Chutora.And Kurotora's the same age and hes still fighting like he was young.Whats up with that?!
Yukitora
As much as I want to believe he is alive, It's not really likely. If Shigure and co. were raised by Kurotora, Where was Chutora? That almost knocks out any chance of him being alive anywhere.
Meteor Gin
I think that Chutora can be alive,too. In the wolf plot in GNG I haven`t saw Chutora. Maybe he was bring to humans and then he has a life like Joe. I hope we can see him in the later parts of the manga again^^
Ichigo_Taicho
I honestly don't think Chutora passed away.He wasn't so old,and its never been mentioned something about his death or so.In the GDW anime,at the end,when those ghosts came to help Weed,there I saw Akatora,but NOT Chutora.It also could be like this : Chutora may be alive,or may not,since nothing about him was mentioned in the Anime or in the manga.I still believe he's alive,after all,Ben and Cross are in GDW over 10 years old and Chutora,who was waay younger,died?!And I don't think Yoshi would ever make a great Ohu soldier die out of old age.If Chutora died somehow,he died in a battle or out of an illness.But still,I don't think he's dead.However,lets see how the GDW manga ends.I hope they will mention sometihng about Chu,its stressing that we dunno what happened to such an awesome Ohu fighter.
Kasi
QUOTE (Meteor Gin @ Feb 24 2009, 06:32 AM) *
I think that Chutora can be alive,too. In the wolf plot in GNG I haven`t saw Chutora. Maybe he was bring to humans and then he has a life like Joe. I hope we can see him in the later parts of the manga again^^

He was seen in the wolf arc wink.gif

QUOTE ('Kyoushiro's Lady')
and meybe he died, because (I think) Yoshi disliked him.

I agree with that XD. Why eles wouldn't he put him in or mention what happened. Poor Chutora.
KremlinJill
i thik maybe was thought of as a 'filler' or 'useless' charcter so he got killed off without a fuss or debate. Maybe they think that fans would't miss him or didn't care about him. As for him being alive, I think it wouldv'e been metioned (like Kurotora saying something). For him not being among the ghosts, i think that they didn't care enouh about him to add him in (which is werid, becuase i saw bill there).
Densetsu No Kage
I agree with that XD. Why eles wouldn't he put him in or mention what happened. Poor Chutora.
[/quote]
Me too, its kind of sad really. It would be dumb to only have "two Kai brothers" laugh.gif
Tokimaru
[quote name='Kasi' date='Feb 24 2009, 09:26 PM' post='51101']

OO, when was he seen in the wolf arc?
Dametora
@Ichi: Don't place any stock in the animated series, for one. For two, even if we could, Chutora was not a main character. There were several dogs who died in GNG that could have been included, but they weren't, because they weren't important. Sorry Chutora fans, but it's the truth.

For everyone else,
Chutora is dead.
"Kurotora is the only surviving Kai brother from the old Kai territory. He had two brothers, Akatora and Chutora, but both has been claimed by death."
And, otherwise, why would Kurotora be tending to his nephews? Surely a proud Kai brother wouldn't allow another to care for his sons?

And, no, Chutora wasn't the youngest (old post); Kurotora was the youngest.
"Chutora is the brother of Akatora and Kurotora and the second eldest of the Kai-brothers."

Both quotes are from the main site.
If you're going to join a site... at least know what the site says lol
Kasi
QUOTE (Kasi @ Feb 24 2009, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE (Tokimaru @ Feb 25 2009, 09:48 AM) *
OO, when was he seen in the wolf arc?

He’s mostly seen in the background. First at the very beginning, when Hyouma first appears, etc.
Meteor Gin
QUOTE (Kasi @ Feb 24 2009, 09:26 PM) *

Yes?
Oh.. In manga 17 I haven`t saw him xD
Troll Berserker
Yoshi just forget about him the same as Mutsu generals and NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER mentioned in GDW as "brave soldiers"
He forget characters that were useless to him and trough that Ginga fans will do the same.
Ichigo_Taicho
Dametora,you're right.Probably Yoshi thought Chutora's death wasn't that important...He was just a supporting character after all.However,I just rewatched the ending theme to GDW and I found out that : After Kurotora,we can see Benizakura(I think) and then there we see 2 Kai brothers : One is definately Akatora,and the other one must be Chutora.
I came to realize it is more likely that Chutora died somehow,somewhat.I also agree with the fact that the author disliked him or fotgot about him.It is unsure,though.
akakabuto
Chu....who? Who is he?
KremlinJill
QUOTE (akakabuto @ Mar 1 2009, 07:01 PM) *
Chu....who? Who is he?

Chutora was the middle brother in the kai brothers, the brown one without an ear. He wasn't a major charcter and was basiclly shadowed by Akatora and Kurotora. He was in GNG only.
ACE
I think you guys are right by the fact Yoshi didn't really care much for Chutora. Personally I also think he is dead, mainly because it would seem out of character for him to abandon his pups.
Even though Chutora didn't have a huge role I think it would have been nice if Yoshi had stated wether he was dead or alive, it could have been pretty simpel with one of his sons having a memory of him or telling another character what had happened to his father. It wouldn't have to be a major or fill half a chapter.
Aotora
i think he died not much later that akakabuto was defeated. Maybe he died when his sons, an also Kurotora's sons were little puppies, and that why they don't mentioned him.

this case is like Great, but for some reason, i don't think he is dead, simply he ran away from Ohu or something similar
KaibutsuKuma
Chutora could of left Ou and he could return in GDWO or he was caught and adopted by humans, but he could of died either by Kaibutsu/Hougen, hunters, sickness or old age, though I did have a dream he went insane, thought he was invinible and commited suicide. We may never know...
Punjab
or they could always explain it in Shin Gaiden (or w/e that's called), just like Mel's story or the story of how Gin, Chutora and Smith go 'round the country to tell dogs of their loss. Yoshi couldn't have just simply forgotten about him.
Akadog147
I think that he may have died of sickness. Hopefully Yoshi will clear it up for us
lydia
i most likely agree with the he left ohu or just got sick and died statement. he didnt have much of a part in gng so he was just useless to the plot line in gdw.

oh and a while back i found a dog that looked like him in episode 23 fighting for HOUGEN

ZackThePuppy
Does it really matter? I mean, he was such a minor character that he probably is dead. And Kurotora was the youngest of the Kai Brothers and he's quite old, so it would make sense that Chutora is dead. Unless Yoshi wants to put yet ANOTHER twist and Chutora will just randomly show up. dry.gif
Anarance
*grabs pen* This calls for some Fanfiction!
Frozenstar
Chutora was alive in the Shin Gaiden, was he not? And that was not too long after the end of GNG (don't forget the wolves). SO I think he probably had puppies and died while they were still very young, not old enough to really remember him. Wasn't it stated sometime in the manga that he died?
Also for Great and other oldies- either Yoshi forgot about them or they died. I mean, remember those hunters? They killed a BUNCH of dogs.
Densetsu No Kage
QUOTE (Frozenstar @ Oct 12 2009, 11:39 AM) *
Also for Great and other oldies- either Yoshi forgot about them or they died. I mean, remember those hunters? They killed a BUNCH of dogs.

Yeah, that's a very likely answer. I think the people shooting all the dogs would be my best bet. Someone should have written in their letter during the contest, "What happened to Chu?"
Tora
QUOTE (Densetsu No Kage @ Oct 12 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Yeah, that's a very likely answer. I think the people shooting all the dogs would be my best bet. Someone should have written in their letter during the contest, "What happened to Chu?"

I did written it in mine.
Densetsu No Kage
QUOTE (Tora @ Oct 12 2009, 01:03 PM) *
I did written it in mine.

Ah sorry unsure.gif To be completely honest I did not read all the letters, I will have to go back and read them smile.gif
Hiro-sama
I think he just died before GDW series started... It is really weird that they didn't show that he died O__o
Anarance
*crosses fingers and hopes no one copies my idea of killing him in a fanfic*
ZackThePuppy
Maybe he was abducted by aliens.
Roksu
Idk to me I think Yoshi will bring him back if Orion gets attack and He gets saved by Chutora maybe..but He was in the ending but so was Akame Kurotora Cross etc? I think he is still alive but Im not putting money on it xD
Frozenstar
QUOTE (Roksu @ Nov 6 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Idk to me I think Yoshi will bring him back if Orion gets attack and He gets saved by Chutora maybe..but He was in the ending but so was Akame Kurotora Cross etc? I think he is still alive but Im not putting money on it xD

Oh hell naw. I swear to god they SAID it somewhere that he's dead, or not with them, or that Kurotora was the last surviving Kai brother. I think Yoshi forgot he ever existed.
Pikafuey
D: Poor Chutora. I wonder what happened to him too. They might say in that Shin Gaiden thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.