Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bootleg Okami merchandise?
Ginga Board > Members' board > Auctions and Trading Post
GingaFreak23
Greetings form the most inactive member on Gb.

I just been noticing lately on ebay a few okami plushies popping up, but they seem a bit off to me.
Are these bootlegs or did sota start a new line of the same toys?
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

All being sold by same seller with 0 feedback.
Hmm i dunno, i just find it odd that all the sudden 3 chibi pillow plush pop up out of nowhere new, when theyve been out of production for quite some time now. The last one ive seen was about a month ago selling around $100.

Perhaps there not stock images and they are just a bit wonky the wqy they took the pics.
I could be wrong but i figure it be fair to share to any other okami collectors that could potentialy buy a fake.

I dunno what do you all think?

*the tags are different too
Regnant
The first two I know are official. The last I'm not sure but I think it is too.

I do know the Okamiden plushies are quite common compared to the Okami. I've never seen them actually sell for more than $50 and if they were sold for more than that I don't know why. They aren't rare.
GingaFreak23
QUOTE (Regnant @ Aug 4 2015, 03:31 PM) *
The first two I know are official. The last I'm not sure but I think it is too.

I do know the Okamiden plushies are quite common compared to the Okami. I've never seen them actually sell for more than $50 and if they were sold for more than that I don't know why. They aren't rare.

Sota toys plushes are a dime a dozen, its the e capcom line that gets pricy
Like the big chibi plush
And yes the amaterasu plush
"Not a huge fan of that one though....she looks like a buffalo imho" XD
Fayt
I think they are fake as I have the first two and they don't have an embroidery markings more like painted marking on them. But if I remember right the prototype of them did have embroidery on them so they may just be using stock images of them. The keychain one had two companies making it one from E-capcom and one not and the one that wasn't was a little worse and was very chubby as well so that one may be that one. Also both of the first two are still all over ebay at least on the UK ver of the site and still every easy to find and don't look the same. I think they will be fake or using prototype images. Over all I would say all fake as they are the common plushies still easy to get and they never had embroidery. Also why would the tag have the Okamiden logo on both sides it wouldn't it would have other information on the second side of it. If it's real wait a few weeks and they will be on ebay by other seller as well. Also the standing one has a funny look butt lol.

Also the seller has no feedback (doesn't mean year fake if you have none but when it seems to ebay store it kinda makes alarm bell go off) what so ever and they have been open since April which is you ask me is a bit of a warning sign. I look up Okami/Okamiden items everyday on both site like ebay and others and they have never shown up.

EDIT offical pics of the Sota toys and as you can see no embroidery. So if they are real they are not the sota toy ones.

http://videogamemm.com/main/content/stop-p...-them-sota-toys

I'll look in to it more when I get home from work.
GingaFreak23
QUOTE (darkpheonixchild @ Aug 5 2015, 12:10 AM) *
I think they are fake as I have the first two and they don't have an embroidery markings more like painted marking on them. But if I remember right the prototype of them did have embroidery on them so they may just be using stock images of them. The keychain one had two companies making it one from E-capcom and one not and the one that wasn't was a little worse and was very chubby as well so that one may be that one. Also both of the first two are still all over ebay at least on the UK ver of the site and still every easy to find and don't look the same. I think they will be fake or using prototype images. Over all I would say all fake as they are the common plushies still easy to get and they never had embroidery. Also why would the tag have the Okamiden logo on both sides it wouldn't it would have other information on the second side of it. If it's real wait a few weeks and they will be on ebay by other seller as well. Also the standing one has a funny look butt lol.

Also the seller has no feedback (doesn't mean year fake if you have none but when it seems to ebay store it kinda makes alarm bell go off) what so ever and they have been open since April which is you ask me is a bit of a warning sign. I look up Okami/Okamiden items everyday on both site like ebay and others and they have never shown up.

EDIT offical pics of the Sota toys and as you can see no embroidery. So if they are real they are not the sota toy ones.

http://videogamemm.com/main/content/stop-p...-them-sota-toys

I'll look in to it more when I get home from work.

Huh, i didnt notice untill now the designs on them do look to be embroidery.
But yes the tags are a dead give away compared to the original look alikes example
Really strange..
Angel
I believe the first one is real, my sister bought one from Otakon for me. But again, I'm not 100% sure
Fayt
Okay I know it's been a while since anyone posted here.

They are official items just made but a different company called Multi verse studio using the same 'basic' pattern as the older one.

I know own the 10 inch standing one and well some parts are better then the older some not so good.

The fabric is much better and softer and the embroidery is nice on them and done very well but the over all shape of the plush is not great. He's somewhat misshaped like his bum is very oddly shaped and his next well damn it's way to think and make it looks like he's pushing his head down to hide is neck and makes him look a little like a frog. His back legs just stick forwards making it look like he's trying to sit but can't sit. Over all the plush is still nice and soft. If they made the neck a little thinner and fix the odd sticking up butt (I mean above his tail it sticks up a lot, think the fake Ginga plushies with the odd hump bums) then this would be a great plushie. I'll try get a photo of both of them sometime to compare them better
Wilson
I got an Okami plush at a convention would that one be official
Regnant
QUOTE (Wilson @ Jan 25 2016, 03:46 PM) *
I got an Okami plush at a convention would that one be official

We'd need more info on it to be able to tell you. While most conventions do enforce no bootleg rules, it's not uncommon for bootleg stuff to sneak through.

Do you have photos? What does the tag say?
Wilson
It says great eastern entertainment co.Inc and capcom licensed for use by Great eastern entertainment
Fayt
QUOTE (Wilson @ Jan 26 2016, 09:20 AM) *
It says great eastern entertainment co.Inc and capcom licensed for use by Great eastern entertainment

It's an official one, two companies are making official Okami plushies right now one is Great eastern entertainment and the second is Multi verse studio who just re-made three of Great eastern entertainment plushies ( first standing one with mouth open, pillow pet and the small keychain one) but used better fabric and had machine embroidery on the two lager plushies.
Wilson
Which one is worth more out of curiosity
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.