Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About the Koga Dogs?
Ginga Board > Community board > Ginga Densetsu Weed
Ukaknir
I have a question regarding themHow does Tesshin's clan still exist? I thought that his father and the rest of the clan were killed in the fire and that Tesshin was the last of his kind. It confuses me when there are elders in that clan even though technically Teshhin would be the eldest. Sorry this has bugged me for the longest time and I hope someone can answer this for me.
Digsu
The elder of the Kogas was one of the dogs who jumped into the house (as can be seen from his manga design), but he survived instead of burning to death. The rest of the non-Tesshin Kogas were probably given some explanation or other in the manga as well, but I can't remember what, if any, it was.

As for Tesshin technically being one of the clan's eldest, GDW in general seems to ignore the fact that he is almost as old as Gin, who is usually lumped in with the oldies. So I guess that does count as a plot hole of sorts.
Shiruba
This has always bugged me as well. I also wonder where the rest of the Koga dogs came from, as far as I know, there isn't any explanation for this in the story.
Troll Berserker
QUOTE (Digsu @ May 13 2015, 10:17 PM) *
As for Tesshin technically being one of the clan's eldest, GDW in general seems to ignore the fact that he is almost as old as Gin, who is usually lumped in with the oldies. So I guess that does count as a plot hole of sorts.

Yeah it really bugs me too that Tesshin and Ken are almost the same age as Gin, but they are "youngsters" along with Kagetora, but Gin is an elder now. This is what I hate the most in Ginga - the unrealistic time span and a huge plothole with "olds" and "youngs".

The only reasonable exmplanation is that some of the Kogas didn't jump into fire with Kurojaki. I always thought that maybe elders and females with pups stayed behind?
pjs454
Bah, if the ginga series obeyed age realism then Ben would've been dead at the beginning of GNG. Great Dane's don't last that long.

Maybe with the Kogas, some just happened to be off site. Who knows. Maybe some were sent off on recon missions and came back to find everyone dead. I know its never explained, but like Sakujo said, maybe some elders, females and pups stayed behind? If all the Kogas we saw in GNG were the whole clan, then it seemed pretty small to me.
Fayt
I'm gonna go with not all of them jumped in, since it's not clear I think is asked on it Takahashi would say he never said all jumped in or there is always more around. But I guess the real answer would be 'It's manga' lol
Kasi
Well I think Yoshi could come up with any excuse if he needed to. The way that Akame sent Shirouzaru, Muu and Rara's parents away to be raised by humans is a thought, the Koga clan could have done something similar or could have had several bases in other regions. I also agree it's possible all of those at the scene simply didn't jump in, others may have been with the females (not that we ever saw any!)
Chani
The GDW manga confirms that Tesshin's minions are children of Kurojaki's minions. It seems the puppies stayed somewhere safe while the fathers fought against the good guys in GNG (and since this is Ginga we're talking about, I have no idea about their mothers).
Kurojaki's minions were either killed by Ouu's army or committed suicide with Kurojaki. One of them, currently known as the Elder, survived the fire and he raised the orphaned puppies.
Ukaknir
QUOTE (Chani @ May 14 2015, 05:04 AM) *
The GDW manga confirms that Tesshin's minions are children of Kurojaki's minions. It seems the puppies stayed somewhere safe while the fathers fought against the good guys in GNG (and since this is Ginga we're talking about, I have no idea about their mothers).
Kurojaki's minions were either killed by Ouu's army or committed suicide with Kurojaki. One of them, currently known as the Elder, survived the fire and he raised the orphaned puppies.

Now that makes sense
SaskedieJagerin
QUOTE (Sakujo @ May 14 2015, 05:09 AM) *
Yeah it really bugs me too that Tesshin and Ken are almost the same age as Gin, but they are "youngsters" along with Kagetora, but Gin is an elder now. This is what I hate the most in Ginga - the unrealistic time span and a huge plothole with "olds" and "youngs".

I've never actually thought about this o.o even though it's real that Gin was a puppy in GNG and so were Ken and Tesshin, although almost newborns, I've got to know them in the anime were they looked not much older than Weed and even in the manga, they never looked "old" or given the impression of being that much older than Weed.
I went to check and, right now in TLW, Ken is 15, Kage is 14-15 and Tesshin is 14 ^
like...mind blown!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.