Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chutora?
Ginga Board > Community board > Ginga Densetsu Weed
Troll Berserker
Okay, I know it's not Chutora since he appears as one of those "oldies" in the stars in the ending of GDW and his design is slighty different, but I found something interesting in episode 23.

At the begining when Kamakiri's soldiers are ordered to kill by Hougen, there is a famillar-looking brown Kai that also appears to be missing an ear:

There is also an other, white Kai in the background that is shown earlier in Batt's troops:

Again, it's not Chutora, but still I find it interesting. Why would the creators suddenly make some Kais among the plain-looking background dogs?
Kasi
I've noticed the the kai dogs before, but I didn't notice the brown one was missing an ear (as far as I can make out). I wonder if the animators are paying homage!
Tokimaru
ive noticed the chutora looking one, but never the white one. its really strange how random kai lookinmg dogs can suddenly appear like that.
KremlinJill
Its the animators OCs
Wilson
The white one is Shirotora the youngest and yet to be explained brother of the Kai brothers
SaskedieJagerin
QUOTE (Wilson @ Jan 26 2016, 11:51 AM) *
The white one is Shirotora the youngest and yet to be explained brother of the Kai brothers

I'm sorry, Shirotora? Did I miss something?
Shiruba
QUOTE (saske italian wolf @ Jan 26 2016, 06:02 PM) *

Nothing missed, doesn't exist (hey, that rhymes!) I was actually thinking maybe the kai dogs are there as a sort of homage to the breed since Chutora was wiped off the face of the Earth or maybe one of the animators got creative and try to make it look like they were really working rather than just placing the same dog in the same colour throughout the series. Even with that said, it's still a mystery.
Wilson
QUOTE (saske italian wolf @ Jan 26 2016, 06:02 PM) *

Sorry it was a joke as Shirotora means white tiger
SaskedieJagerin
QUOTE (Shiruba @ Jan 26 2016, 08:15 PM) *
Nothing missed, doesn't exist (hey, that rhymes!)

This is why I wrote that, I was sure that the Kai brothers were three and didn't understand where the idea of a fourth brother may have come from. It's not the first time I see people claiming that a fourth Kai brother exists or that Gin had a fourth son, etc.

QUOTE (Wilson @ Jan 26 2016, 08:39 PM) *
Sorry it was a joke as Shirotora means white tiger

I know what Shirotora means, I just didn't understand the point of claiming a fourth brother for the Kais when it doesn't actually exists.
Wilson
I said that as each kai with a new colour is introduced or seen they are named after that colour with Tora at the end of their name hope this clears things up
Kasi
I took it Wilson was making a running joke about Yoshi introducing 'long lost relatives' of late.

QUOTE (saske italian wolf @ Jan 27 2016, 06:23 PM) *
This is why I wrote that, I was sure that the Kai brothers were three and didn't understand where the idea of a fourth brother may have come from. It's not the first time I see people claiming that a fourth Kai brother exists or that Gin had a fourth son, etc.

I know what Shirotora means, I just didn't understand the point of claiming a fourth brother for the Kais when it doesn't actually exists.

Hmm, If I remember the business Jump story correctly, I think there were originally five brothers? The other two died I guess. My memory of that story is really hazy.
methpring
QUOTE (Kasi @ Jan 29 2016, 11:31 AM) *
Hmm, If I remember the business Jump story correctly, I think there were originally five brothers? The other two died I guess. My memory of that story is really hazy.

The narration in that story says that the owner kept two pups, and abandoned three (Akatora, Kurotora and Chuutora) in the mountains.
Kasi
QUOTE (methpring @ Jan 29 2016, 10:55 PM) *
The narration in that story says that the owner kept two pups, and abandoned three (Akatora, Kurotora and Chuutora) in the mountains.

Thanks Methpring!
So they were still alive, possibility of Kurotora's long lost siblings turning up in The Last Wars confirmed! XD
Wilson
QUOTE (methpring @ Jan 29 2016, 11:55 AM) *

Wait really?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.