Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kisaragi's sons confusion
Ginga Board > Community board > Ginga Densetsu Weed
Troll Berserker
Can anyone clear up Kisaragin's sons for me? There are different versions on both Ginga Site, Ginga Board and anime I recently watched.

Izou - Obvious

Shirozaku - Obvious, Kisaragi's markings red in manga, grey in anime.

Kichinosuke/Hichinosuke - Anime says it's this guy, Ginga Board and Ginga Site says it's this guy however there is yet one more topic names Shinsaku which shows the same guy as Ginga Board's Kichinosuke

Kogoro - anime says it's this guy, manga says it's this guy. And he kinda looks like anime's Hichinosuke shown above.

Shinsaku - According to anime's it's this guy and same says the manga, excepr there are two FIG topics with him and one is obviously wrong.

Shintaro - Anime says it's this guy, Ginga Board says it's this guy and so says GDWO gallery, but GDW gallery calls him Miu (and if I recall, a son named Miu appeared only in GDWO)

I'm really, really confused, especially with anime&manga differences.
Kasi
I share your confusion, but it doesn't help that I forgot to fix the names in the GDWO gallery XD I will do that soon.

Pjs454 and I recently talked about this in which I changed some of the names in the GDW galleries.
From my understanding, the anime assigned names to Kisaragi's sons, where as in the GDW:O manga the names belonged to different characters ( I hope that's correct).

Tora and Chani cleared up some of the confusion in this topic, while the Ginga Wiki also helps.

If I got something wrong there hopefully someone will correct me. I'm still trying to get my head around it kisaragi.gif
Chani
Ginga Site and Ginga Board has old, incorrect information.

The known sons in the manga are:
- Izou
- Shinsaku
- Shuusaku (incorrectly known as Shirozaku)
- Miu
- Denshichi
- Kazuki
- Saburou

Most of the sons in the anime version are anime-only characters and they're non-canon in manga:
- Izou
- Kogorou (anime-only character)
- Kichinosuke (anime-only character)
- Shintarou (anime-only character)

There's also a one son with heart-like marking on his forehead. He appears both in the manga and anime. He is called Shinsaku in the anime version, but his name in the manga is unknown (because Yoshi called him Shuusaku by mistake).

Can anyone fix image galleries? smile.gif
Kasi
Will certainly fix the rest of the image galleries soon! (just about to head off to bed)

Somewhat OT, but I wouldn't mind if Chani (or anyone else) would also like to help me fix up some other questionable names in the FIG.

For example, I think it's more correct to update these names: Kyoushirou, 'The Monster' (Kaibutsu), 'The Guard Dog (Banken) etc...

I think there's a fair bit that could be fixed up as a lot of these names were used by the fandom before better knowledge and information was available. I'm personally not as cluey as to which names need updating though.
Troll Berserker
QUOTE (Chani @ Apr 2 2015, 02:28 PM) *
Ginga Site and Ginga Board has old, incorrect information.

The known sons in the manga are:
- Izou
- Shinsaku
- Miu
- Denshichi
- Kazuki
- Saburou

Most of the sons in the anime version are anime-only characters and they're non-canon in manga:
- Izou
- Kogorou (anime-only character)
- Kichinosuke (anime-only character)
- Shintarou (anime-only character)

There's also a one son with heart-like marking on his forehead. He appears both in the manga and anime. He is called Shinsaku in the anime version, but his name in the manga is unknown (because Yoshi called him Shuusaku by mistake).

Can anyone fix image galleries? smile.gif

Thanks a lot for clearing that up! xD I was really confused, especially after some of them suddenly changed names in FIG xD
Arano
I would completely ignore Gingasite for any info as it's so out of date haha, thanks for clearing up the names Chani!

An overhaul of the names in the FIG section isn't such a bad idea. It would be good to utilize the subtitles for things like alternate spellings the fans might know them by (even if what they know them as is incorrect, it's still important info, so for example 'The Guard Dog', the subtitle could still read 'Banken'), or for small information like some of them already have which is helpful to people browsing. Like how it says 'Bon's father' under Matheus etc.

If you'd like a hand checking names though, I'm most familiar with GNG names and some in the 'other manga' galleries than I am with GDW/GDWO, so I wouldn't mind checking those for you.
Kasi
Good idea. I plan to use the subtitle to avoid confusion smile.gif

And yes, and extra hand checking the names is much appreciated! Thanks! Especially for the GNG and Other Manga sections because those are the two I'm least familiar with.
For GDW & GDWO, I think the Ginga Wiki is pretty reliable so I'll work off that to update the names.
Troll Berserker
QUOTE (Arano @ Apr 2 2015, 11:29 PM) *
An overhaul of the names in the FIG section isn't such a bad idea. It would be good to utilize the subtitles for things like alternate spellings the fans might know them by (even if what they know them as is incorrect, it's still important info, so for example 'The Guard Dog', the subtitle could still read 'Banken'), or for small information like some of them already have which is helpful to people browsing. Like how it says 'Bon's father' under Matheus etc.

If you'd like a hand checking names though, I'm most familiar with GNG names and some in the 'other manga' galleries than I am with GDW/GDWO, so I wouldn't mind checking those for you.

Some names still vary in manga and anime, such as Shirozaku (he clearly says "Shirozaku", not "Shuusaku") and Hiro's father in anime is named Yukima instead of Yukimasa.
Kasi
I'm still going through these topics so expect that there is still some errors around. Once I'm done I'll create a new topic where anyone can bring up issues or errors that still need fixing smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.