Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GDW manga
Ginga Board > Community board > Ginga Densetsu Weed
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Tora
While Wolfie and I just walked in a konbini (FamilyMart this one), I glanced one eye at the few manga that is in the store. And what did I see? Two brand new GDW mangas! Without thinking I bought noth (find two for Wolfie as well after lookingh in 5 other konbini's).

The new manga.
Both mine and Wolfie's. Shoing the spine and front cover.

It beginns with Gon is trapped by Gin, Akame and John and Gin letting him flee back to Hôgen.
And ends with Kyôshirô visiting and saying goodbye to his brothers' grave (his flashback).
nakano
Nice find! If I got the kanjis (法玄の野望) right, it reads Ambition of Hougen. So is this a new side story then and are there color pages?
wolfie
Sorry but is like the ape arc books
Is not very special more than its new and other covers.
Only color page is the chapter one :/
But the cover is lovely ^^
KremlinJill
QUOTE (wolfie @ Jan 4 2015, 10:10 AM) *
Sorry but is like the ape arc books
Is not very special more than its new and other covers.
Only color page is the chapter one :/
But the cover is lovely ^^

Awww.
Still, those covers alone are worth displaying in a collection. Especially that spine!
wolfie
QUOTE (KremlinJill @ Jan 4 2015, 04:56 PM) *
Awww.
Still, those covers alone are worth displaying in a collection. Especially that spine!

Indeed is something ^^
like these more than ape arc covers really ^^
Kuroi
Really like the design but as I was also unable to get the ape arc ones... I'll pass on these. (If I can get all of them and have a full set, I'm usually like... nope... :'D) Still very pretty, though!
Dragoon
These look really nice if only I could read japanese
But I love the cover design and spine I love It when books make a picture with there spines
Capt. Snugglebottom
Gah I love those covers and I like how the did the spine on these. I love arc books ( Like the last ones that came out- the monkey arc) and like those, I shall be getting these also at some point.
KremlinJill
I haven't seen the ape arc book set. Can someone link me to it?
Akitawolfmon
Love the art. When did they come out?
wolfie
QUOTE (KremlinJill @ Jan 5 2015, 03:54 AM) *
I haven't seen the ape arc book set. Can someone link me to it?

Found one of then to give you a pic of the last one:
Spine
Cover

QUOTE (Akitawolfmon @ Jan 5 2015, 06:55 AM) *
Love the art. When did they come out?

It says it cam out January 1st 2015
Akitawolfmon
Wow what a great new year gift!!!!!
Kasi
Very nice covers, especially the red Hougen one smile.gif
Akajaki
I love covers! Takahashi has done a good job! shirozaku.gif
Arano
Wooo, got these from futagoshop! They are another "Best Selection" series, so the same style as the Ape/Yukimura arc set (銀牙伝説ウィード ベストセレクション)

Does make me wonder why they've backtracked... it would have been nice to see a set from the Russian Dogs arc. But I guess this part of the story is one of the most popular. Johhhn ;;

The cover with Hougen on it has fast become one of my favourite Ginga manga covers. Love his eyes, there's something snake-like/venomous about them.
wolfie
QUOTE (Arano @ Jan 17 2015, 05:32 PM) *
Wooo, got these from futagoshop! They are another "Best Selection" series, so the same style as the Ape/Yukimura arc set (銀牙伝説ウィード ベストセレクション)

Does make me wonder why they've backtracked... it would have been nice to see a set from the Russian Dogs arc. But I guess this part of the story is one of the most popular. Johhhn ;;

The cover with Hougen on it has fast become one of my favourite Ginga manga covers. Love his eyes, there's something snake-like/venomous about them.

To be honest I think it will come a book set like this for that arc to.
It was just not expected to see ape arc which came first ( for me anyway)
And is so much shame these dont have anything special besides the cover.
But yeah I think this cover beats the ape arc books ^^
Kasi
I would really like to see them do a version for the Russian Dog arc too. Even though these covers are just collages of existing art, they look wonderful.
Kasi
Ack, sorry for double posting but I thought it would be better to ask here.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/ginga-densetsu-u...zh_CN/info.html

Does anyone know what exactly this is? It was only just released at the end of last month. I'm guessing another large compilation book?
Tora
QUOTE (Kasi @ Mar 2 2015, 07:25 PM) *

Does anyone know what exactly this is? It was only just released at the end of last month. I'm guessing another large compilation book?

Wait what? I haven't seen this! It's a "My first big", like the one that will come out in the end of this month.
Arano
QUOTE (Kasi @ Mar 2 2015, 10:25 AM) *
Ack, sorry for double posting but I thought it would be better to ask here.

QUOTE (Tora @ Mar 2 2015, 11:34 AM) *
Wait what? I haven't seen this! It's a "My first big", like the one that will come out in the end of this month.

Edit: Found it! It's the same book, but it's in convenience stores earlier than the publication date? The same date is in this tweet and they also link to the My First Big website.

It looks like a birth compilation, so from the beginning of the manga. Damn, here was I hoping that the next round of big books would be the Russian Dog arc /:
KremlinJill
That's one of the cutest pics of Weed I've seen in a while!
I'm really interested in these compilations, cheaper and more impressive looking than collecting all 60 little ones with flying doggiess
Kasi
QUOTE (Arano @ Mar 3 2015, 05:41 AM) *
Edit: Found it! It's the same book, but it's in convenience stores earlier than the publication date? The same date is in this tweet and they also link to the My First Big website.

It looks like a birth compilation, so from the beginning of the manga. Damn, here was I hoping that the next round of big books would be the Russian Dog arc /:

Oh, it's the same thing? This is so confusing XD

Now I'm also confused what book this is: Amazon Japan link
and why it's not coming out until December...

QUOTE (KremlinJill @ Mar 3 2015, 10:01 AM) *
That's one of the cutest pics of Weed I've seen in a while!
I'm really interested in these compilations, cheaper and more impressive looking than collecting all 60 little ones with flying doggiess

I'm not sure if this Weed drawing is new or not, I don't recognize it. I hope it is though, it would be nice to see some original art for these compilations smile.gif

You know, I also realised how much cheaper it would be if I collected these for the whole manga series.
I can't help it though, I personally prefer buying the first edition, they come with the nice spine, back cover and insert images smile.gif I'm also not as fond handling and scanning the large compilations compared to smaller manga. I can see my wallet giving me the evil eye now...
methpring
QUOTE (Kasi @ Mar 3 2015, 09:33 AM) *
Now I'm also confused what book this is: Amazon Japan link
and why it's not coming out until December...

That's just 2nd book of that newest "Best Selection" books that covers the beginning of Hougen arc. Why it is listed to appear in December, I have no clue... Some mistake perhaps?
Kasi
Thanks Methpring!
I also thought it was a mistake, but I found the same date on several other websites. They might all have incorrect information from the same source though?
Tora
Thank you Arano!!!
Now I now what the spine looks like!
Gingastar
Ohhh I like that cover ^^ I like all of the versions of the Ginga manga that come out. It's nice to know that they're still being produced xD
kaji kiba
QUOTE (Arano @ Mar 2 2015, 01:41 PM) *

I adore the cover for this! Went ahead and purchased it ^^ The covers for these first big editions are really nice ;;
Tora
I finally found the new GDW manga! After going into like 20 or so convenience stores, I finally found it. <3

In short, it begins from the beginning, and ends with Weed running up to in the mountain right after Daisuke almost hit him with the car. So the hunters just went up in the mountain to shoot Tokimune and co.

Here's what's in it that's not the story itself:

Cover
Spine
First page after open.
Story of the Silver Fang legend.
About characters part 1
About characters part 2
The chapters.
Special interview with Yoshihiro Takahashi part 1
Special interview with Yoshihiro Takahashi part 2
Popular dogs breed; Akita (with Weed)
Popular dogs breed; English Setter (with GB)
About the next part coming out March 27th (what was said in latest Goraku with GDA chapter)
About GDA.
About GDWO
Gingastar
Such a pretty cover!! x3 I like the little interview they have in the book biggrin.gif Thanks for the pictures, Tora!
Regnant
Looks like it's up on CDJapan! http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1777052
kaji kiba
Weed looks so adorable on this cover <<33 I love how Sasuke's eyes use to look back in the first volume of Weed, I wish Yoshi kept them that way.

Thank you for the images Tora ^^

Does anyone know how popular the ginga series is in Japan? I've always been curious about it considering how many different kinds of editions, compilations, and re-releases there are of GNG, Weed, Yamato, and even some of the side stories like Byakuren no Fang.
Troll Berserker
QUOTE (Tora @ Mar 4 2015, 03:07 PM) *

Could that be Hanako? xD
Kasi
QUOTE (kaji kiba @ Mar 5 2015, 06:29 AM) *
Does anyone know how popular the ginga series is in Japan? I've always been curious about it considering how many different kinds of editions, compilations, and re-releases there are of GNG, Weed, Yamato, and even some of the side stories like Byakuren no Fang.

This topic gives you a fair idea.
Some of those figures looks like it's more popular than I assumed.

QUOTE (Sakujo @ Mar 9 2015, 06:03 AM) *
Could that be Hanako? xD

It does look it it!
Tora
QUOTE (Sakujo @ Mar 9 2015, 04:03 AM) *
Could that be Hanako? xD
QUOTE (Kasi @ Mar 9 2015, 03:42 PM) *
It does look it it!

It sure is Hanako all right. ^^
Tora
Damn it RiKy, you got ahead of me! XD

At least you get the spine from me...
kaji kiba
Oh wow Ken on the cover? That's different X3 I wonder if they're going to be show casing a different character for each volume.
RiKy
QUOTE (Tora @ Mar 27 2015, 06:25 PM) *
Damn it RiKy, you got ahead of me! XD

At least you get the spine from me...

hahahaa ><"
Thanks for the spine pic biggrin.gif
Kasi
Oh just Ken? My initial reaction is it's a little boring, but nice to see Ken get all the spotlight.
Kuroi
So are these books the same size as manga magazines like Shonen Jump? (So... like the 5th GNG edition, I think?) Because if yes, I hope I can collect them some day. I really love it when the manga are in this bigger format.
Regnant
QUOTE (Kuroi @ Apr 9 2015, 08:43 AM) *
So are these books the same size as manga magazines like Shonen Jump? (So... like the 5th GNG edition, I think?) Because if yes, I hope I can collect them some day. I really love it when the manga are in this bigger format.

No they're the smaller normal manga size. Just thick books like the other Arc books
Kuroi
QUOTE (Regnant @ Apr 9 2015, 06:39 PM) *
No they're the smaller normal manga size. Just thick books like the other Arc books

Ah, that's too bad then...
Tora
My sister Tsuki, who's in Japan, bought the other part of "Monster in Gajou" for me:
Cover

Kagetora!!!! wub.gif
Kasi
Wow I love that picture of Kagetora (and the colour job, so does he have dark or white belly after all?)
Is that a new illustration or and old one for this cover? I actually can't tell from the style.
Troll Berserker
I love the look of Kagetora without this annoying white underbelly.
Sadly I think it's just an one-time "error" that dosn't permanently change his design. Even the old Kai in GDW who was plain brown got changed to have white underbelly.
Regnant
Anyone have an idea on how far this set is going to go? It is just the Kaibutsu arc or will it be longer?
Gingastar
What a beautiful cover! x3 Kagetora looks so cool there biggrin.gif
Yuriko
Cool cover! I just find Kagetora's color little bit weird... Anyways, I love Kaibutsu on the background!
Arano
Uaaah these covers are sweet! I need to stop being lazy and get them >>

So the original G Comics Kaibutsu arc was 3 books. These new ones look pretty big, so have they been condensed into two volumes?

OR is the 'My first big' birth of Weed volume (which is the same style), actually volume 1 of this set which would make up 3 in total? It's annoying when they reprint an arc but market it as completely differently titled specials >.<
methpring
QUOTE (Arano @ May 2 2015, 04:53 PM) *
OR is the 'My first big' birth of Weed volume (which is the same style), actually volume 1 of this set which would make up 3 in total?

That's right, there are now 3 volumes of this "My First BIG" edition, and at the end of each month a new volume will be released. So far May and June have been confirmed to have new volumes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.