Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: couple questions about shipping to Japan
Ginga Board > Members' board > Auctions and Trading Post
GingaFreak23
I have a couple questions, one about shipping and the other about a ebay question i recieved.

Been searching around and cant quite find a simple estimation for shipping time.
I know many of you guys have bought from Japan " i have a couple times myself". would shipping from US to there be much different, 10 to 15 days right?

My other question
I recently posted one of my figures on ebay, It managed to get attention from someone waaaaay overseas further than ive ever sent one of these guys.
They sent me this question

My client in Japan is interested in the item.Can you send the item to a different address in Japan from the paypal registered address.If yes, please tell me how much it cost.Thank you.

Any idea what he/she could mean by "client"? Middleman service?
Either way im pretty siked at the idea of sending one of my figures to a fan in Japan.

I let him/her know the cost for shipping but would also like to give time range of arrival, incase tracking is way out of price range.

Any help from personal experiance would be cool c=
Thanks
Kasi
I can't really help for the first question, as I'm in Australia, but I find USPS First Class Mail usually takes between 6-10 days to arrive here, and Priority, about the same actually but it comes with door-to-door tracking, unlike First Class which only tracks the parcel while it's still in the US.

As for the Ebay question, it does sound like someone acting as a middle man for a Japanese buyer.
One thing to be weary of is that if you ship to a different address other than the one listed by Paypal, you won't be covered by Paypal's seller protection scheme if something goes wrong. But to be honest, I don't think that's their intention, and well, I find it unlikely that Paypal would side with you (a seller) anyway (they will almost always side with the buyer should problems arise).

What type of shipping is your quote for? If it's USPS First Class, you will be hard-pressed to find the arrival time rage on their website since they removed it. I believe it was 6-21 days though (not specific to country).

That sounds very cool that someone in Japan is interested in your sculpture! smile.gif
GingaFreak23
QUOTE (Kasi @ Jan 3 2015, 06:27 PM) *
I can't really help for the first question, as I'm in Australia, but I find USPS First Class Mail usually takes between 6-10 days to arrive here, and Priority, about the same actually but it comes with door-to-door tracking, unlike First Class which only tracks the parcel while it's still in the US.

As for the Ebay question, it does sound like someone acting as a middle man for a Japanese buyer.
One thing to be weary of is that if you ship to a different address other than the one listed by Paypal, you won't be covered by Paypal's seller protection scheme if something goes wrong. But to be honest, I don't think that's their intention, and well, I find it unlikely that Paypal would side with you (a seller) anyway (they will almost always side with the buyer should problems arise).

What type of shipping is your quote for? If it's USPS First Class, you will be hard-pressed to find the arrival time rage on their website since they removed it. I believe it was 6-21 days though (not specific to country).

That sounds very cool that someone in Japan is interested in your sculpture! smile.gif

Yes, first class is likely what ill go for if they win.
6 to 21 sounds about right.

Oh and your right about the addresses for paypal, ive yet to have any package get lost " knock on wood".
Ill be sure to get some kind of proof they wanted it shipped to a separate address,It be on paypal or ebay messages.

Thanks very much Kasi, appriciate the help (=
Fayt
Shiping to Japan can take longer it all depends on what shipping service you use. Like if I ship my airmail to US from the UK it can take 1-2 weeks but something from there to me can take 2-4 weeks. It all depends on the service and how well they deal with items. Like here now everything going out of the UK they say they will try make sure it is with the person within one week but it can take a bit longer.

I'd say they are a middle man buying it on behalf of someone but unlock most they are having it shipped right to the client and not them. Just like us they use middle men to buy items and contact none Japanese speaking sellers.

If your worried about shipping tell them you recommend better shipping with full tracking and a faster service but always give the option of cheaper as sometime people can't pay more. Most will be willing to pay more to have an item like that arrive safer and faster. As long as you have given an option and told them the different in time and what not that's fine.
GingaFreak23
Thanks Dark, I'll let them know of optional shipping with full tracking.
Unfortunetly ebay wont let me edit anything after a bid is placed xp

If thay do choose the tracked shipping i may need to make a custom shipment listing on ebay for them....not sure how to up the shipping on an already payed paypal transaction.
But i guess thats a better way of doing it if need be.

Thanks again for the helps c=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.