Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anybody find Reika annoying? -.-
Ginga Board > Community board > Ginga Densetsu Weed
deathstar899
I mean seriously, she is fecking ANNOYING. I don't know it's just the way I see it. But it's her fault John died, she was 2% helpful during the whole series, only coming to give Gin and John a place to stay and give them food(which she was dumb enough to not notice she was being followed), and then she threw Hougen into the river. That's it. I'm suprised no one in the anime got mad at her. I don't know, maybe it's just me but she just irritates me XD
Gingastar
I honestly don't mind her, at all actually. At least she actually DID something , when I first watched GDW I really liked the fact that she pushed Hougen into the river.
Capt. Snugglebottom
I didn't mind her too much...in fact I found weed more annoying than anything XD
And I agree with Gingastar, at least she made herself useful a few times...Helping Gin/Akame and John out at the beginning, and pushing Hougen into the river (That right there took courage) So cut her some slack lol.

I thought she was adorable to say the least. Sasuke is the one who didn't do anything; cept kept getting himself into trouble.
Nagareboshi Gin
Reika > Koyuki.

At least Reika actually tried to help during the war against Hougen and was a decent maternal figure for the young Teru thereafter. Koyuki is nothing more than a product of Yoshi's need for money. Thus, Orion exists.
Tikikata
Reika actually attempted to rid the world of Hougen by herself. I think Reika is an interesting character in all honesty. I really like her a lot more in the manga, but anime Reika doesn't bother me at all.
ZackThePuppy
I don't think she's the most annoying female in the Ginga series...but it still pissed me off that she was dependent on all the males. And when she had her one badass moment where she pushed Hougen into the river, she had to be rescued from drowning by Jerome/George dry.gif.
Tetsuo-The-Wise-Hero
Like everyone else... I don't really mind her at all. She TRIED to help at least, I mean.. most females wouldn't have pushed Hougen into the river, They would've just screamed for Weed or something... So yeah. I kind of like Reika, she is a nice character to me. But she CAN be annoying at times.
RedTheAkita
I hate her. I agree, she is really annoying. The only thing she ever did was push Hougen in the river, but he used her as something to step on to get out of the river, and she ended up having to be saved by George. And when Weed and Kotetsu were getting attacked, Koyuki and Reika appeared. Koyuki at least tried to help, but Reika just ran away and hid like a coward. And one of the dogs that was attacking Weed and Kotetsu found her and she had to be saved by Weed. Yeah, she is WAY too dependent on the males.
RedTheAkita
Sorry, my stupid computer double posted -__-
Azura
Red, it wasn't Reika that Kyouki showed up with; it was Chako.

QUOTE (deathstar899 @ Jun 21 2012, 02:00 PM) *
But it's her fault John died

Funny thing is, it isn't her fault.

While it is true that the manga makes it clear that Reika was well aware of the danger, the fact that she had the "gall" to shelter Gin and company and give them food shows that she's was willing to risk her own life to ensure they would be alright for the rest of their journey. It should be made clear, however, that neither Reika, nor Gin, nor Akame, nor John are psychics - how are they supposed to know that they're being watched? How are they supposed to know that Reika would be found and used as a tool to get them to surrender? They aren't supposed to know, and they didn't. Reika was a brave and caring citizen who was trying to do the right thing, and got caught in the middle. It should also be noted that Reika tried to tell them to keep fighting, and they had the choice to; but they didn't keep fighting. They chose to surrender and be beaten, because that's their nature, their personalities, for the reason I stated in the previous sentence.

Reika made it clear from the start that she wasn't fond of Hougen, and I am quite positive that she knew she could possibly be punished (and rather severely at that) the first time she tried to run from his hut. But she did so anyway. She may be "delicate" in a way, and easily frightened, but it doesn't stop her from attempting a run for freedom. That is also bravery, in its own right.

Now, I'm going to discuss John a bit. To most people, it would appear that John didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Truth is, he did have a choice; he could have kept going with the group, and fought off Hougen's minions with everyone there, running the chance of Reika and Hiro (And since we're on that subject, if you're going to blame Reika, you mind as well blame Hiro as well.) getting captured/killed. He could have also, if he wanted to, completely disregard Gin's orders. However, it was his friendship with Gin - and ultimately, his own heart - that made him decide to act as bait and buy time for Hiro and Reika to escape. To allow Reika and Hiro to get killed wouldn't just be going against his leader's - his friend's - orders. It would be going against himself. As arrogant and jerkish as he is, his heart is ultimately in the right place, and he did what he believed was the right thing to do. And personally? I'm positive that John was well aware he was in awful shape, and was likely to die.

If you honestly want someone to blame for John's death, blame Hougen for existing and pulling all the crap he did, and blame John himself - even if that means knocking him down a peg for following his own heart.

Now, having all of that said, I honestly liked Reika, particularly in the manga. As I said before, she was a brave - if also delicate and easily frightened - character, and her motherliness to Teru was another nice point for her. And as Tiger said, she tried to rid the world of Hougen herself; even if she failed, she was clever, she was manipulative, and she had the strength to at least try. If anything, that makes her better than the majority of the other female characters we've seen - Kyouki and Chako in particular.

Also, I apologize if some of this is incredibly runaround, or "incomplete" in some way. Brain's running on empty, and I wanted to get this out there before I opted out of it because "lolI'mlazy."
RedTheAkita
QUOTE (Azura @ Jul 6 2012, 04:45 AM) *

Oops, my bad sweat.gif I always thought that she was Reika XD I thought that in the manga she had black dots on her forehead (Cause some of the characters in the anime look different in the manga)
Azura
Nope, Reika doesn't have the dots on her forehead, it's Chako. (:
Shadow
I do agree with the others she did help her friends when the needed help and she tried to take down hougen herself so.. she is kinda different from other females
Capt. Snugglebottom
QUOTE (Azura @ Jul 5 2012, 08:45 PM) *

While it is true that the manga makes it clear that Reika was well aware of the danger, the fact that she had the "gall" to shelter Gin and company and give them food shows that she's was willing to risk her own life to ensure they would be alright for the rest of their journey. It should be made clear, however, that neither Reika, nor Gin, nor Akame, nor John are psychics - how are they supposed to know that they're being watched? How are they supposed to know that Reika would be found and used as a tool to get them to surrender? They aren't supposed to know, and they didn't. Reika was a brave and caring citizen who was trying to do the right thing, and got caught in the middle. It should also be noted that Reika tried to tell them to keep fighting, and they had the choice to; but they didn't keep fighting. They chose to surrender and be beaten, because that's their nature, their personalities, for the reason I stated in the previous sentence.

Reika made it clear from the start that she wasn't fond of Hougen, and I am quite positive that she knew she could possibly be punished (and rather severely at that) the first time she tried to run from his hut. But she did so anyway. She may be "delicate" in a way, and easily frightened, but it doesn't stop her from attempting a run for freedom. That is also bravery, in its own right.

Now, I'm going to discuss John a bit. To most people, it would appear that John didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Truth is, he did have a choice; he could have kept going with the group, and fought off Hougen's minions with everyone there, running the chance of Reika and Hiro (And since we're on that subject, if you're going to blame Reika, you mind as well blame Hiro as well.) getting captured/killed. He could have also, if he wanted to, completely disregard Gin's orders. However, it was his friendship with Gin - and ultimately, his own heart - that made him decide to act as bait and buy time for Hiro and Reika to escape. To allow Reika and Hiro to get killed wouldn't just be going against his leader's - his friend's - orders. It would be going against himself. As arrogant and jerkish as he is, his heart is ultimately in the right place, and he did what he believed was the right thing to do. And personally? I'm positive that John was well aware he was in awful shape, and was likely to die.

If you honestly want someone to blame for John's death, blame Hougen for existing and pulling all the crap he did, and blame John himself - even if that means knocking him down a peg for following his own heart.

Now, having all of that said, I honestly liked Reika, particularly in the manga. As I said before, she was a brave - if also delicate and easily frightened - character, and her motherliness to Teru was another nice point for her. And as Tiger said, she tried to rid the world of Hougen herself; even if she failed, she was clever, she was manipulative, and she had the strength to at least try. If anything, that makes her better than the majority of the other female characters we've seen - Kyouki and Chako in particular.

Also, I apologize if some of this is incredibly runaround, or "incomplete" in some way. Brain's running on empty, and I wanted to get this out there before I opted out of it because "lolI'mlazy."

^ This!

Glad to see someone decided to take the time to write a decent (and well rounded) opinion/facts on the matter.
Reika Deserves more credit than she's gotten thus far, and alot less crap.

Ona Gin
I haven't read a great deal of the manga, but Reika rubbed me the wrong way in the anime.
Still, I think it was super brave of her to try and drown Hougen like that c:
queencheetah
I really liked Reika in the anime- as far as Yoshi females go, she was actually pretty b@d-@$$ in the show(I mean, usually they just run and hide and pop out babies).

She helps the leaders by giving them what she can, and then (under stress and threat) lies to their enemies to save them. She later refuses to let them get hurt for her sake, and later (feeling obviously guilty) offers to go with ONE dog across the country just to bury John's fang.

She then attempts to sacrifice herself to kill Hougen (who, let's not forget, has held her hostage and probably tortured her psychologically); and it might have worked had he not been such a long legged ******* and able to stand up in the shallows. dry.gif

I found her to be a mature, brave character who was as much afraid for others as herself- not bad for a female in the Ginga-verse. ^^

It's also worth noting that she only asked Hiro for his help when he made it clear that he didn't approve of what the other dogs were doing- she didn't just run up to him and beg; he clearly meant to save her anyway.
GoldenPuma
I do a little. Her high pitched whinney voice.
Dobie
No she doesnt i think shes pretty cute , even if she doesnt have a big part if you ask me , Reika do though have a wonderful heart.
WeedoWeedoWeedo
Nope. She doesn't bother me at all. Hell, give her some credit, at least Reika did something.
Blue Horse
ah, I find her REALLY annoying. She wines and is USELESS.
Dobie
QUOTE (Blue Horse @ Sep 5 2013, 11:12 PM) *
ah, I find her REALLY annoying. She wines and is USELESS.

Reika is not that mediocre , shes cute & throwed her over Hougen .
Crystal
Reika doesn't really bother me at all. I don't consider her useless because she actually has helped a lot, providing Gin, John and Akame with shelter, and not to mention a kickass manipulative move to set Hougen back a little. To echo what WeedoWeedoWeedo said, at least she did something. That's more than most female characters in the Ginga series do. Props to her.
Wilson
QUOTE (Azura @ Jul 6 2012, 02:45 AM) *

Wait Akame is not a psychic?
Troll Berserker
QUOTE (Aftherion @ Jan 16 2017, 04:15 PM) *
I hate her sooooooo much and if you think about it, she's not just annoying, she's PLAIN TERRIBLE. I'd say SHE's the villain - the whole Hougen-Ohu war happened only because of her.

Again - How? Hougen was going to attack Ohu and would do it with or without capturing leadders before.
Jett
As one of the few females who ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING (a really sexist, piss-poor attempt at doing something but with Ginga I'll take what I can get). I'd say she's alright.

I have no idea what version of the Hougen Arc someone would've had to watch to come to the conclusion that Reika is to blame for the whole war.... Cuz that definitely wasn't the same book I read. xD
Tikikata
There's no way Reika could have started the entire war; she was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time and things kind of just happened the way they did. Hougen was already going to attack Ohu anyway.
KremlinJill
She's actually one of my favorites. //shrug
Pikafuey
Reika's okay. I mean, she isn't the worst female in Ginga. I give her props for trying to kill Hougen, however. I'm neutral on her though tbh lol
ZackThePuppy
I find her annoying. But at least she pushed Hougen into a river.
Ona Gin
When I first got into Ginga, Reika really annoyed me because UGH SO USELESS >:C
but now I am older, and wiser, and frankly far too used to Yoshi's inability to write decent female characters (or just characters in general sometimes tbh), I feel as though she did her best and she could have been a lot worse.

Also I still find it pretty badass that she tried to drown Hougen, even if it wasn't successful.
MitchFox
I think I find Reika's shrieking anime voice more annoying than her overall character in the anime.

At least in the manga, Reika is less useless when she is motherly towards Teru and she tries to console Weed who was worried over his father's disappearance. Also, the moment with Reika pushing Hougen into the river (though unsuccessfully drowning him) makes her more or less useless but at least, she managed to grow a spine.
Shiruba
she never bothered me much since she's barely seen. i think she has a badass moment of attacking Hogen but other than that she hasn't really done much. she's ok in my books.
JazzyJazz
For me, no, because it's not her fault she's like that, it's Yoshi's. If I'm dissapointed in anyone, it's Yoshi for not using her to her full potential. Granted her manga version sounds a lot better than her anime version (I haven't read all the manga). When I first saw Reika, I thought she was a nice, cute female, but I didn't really expect much from her after the whole Cross thing in GNG's anime. I was just like, "Oh, we're doing this again. Ok." So, yeah.

(That Hougen scene tho = so sugoi)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.