Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your favorite GDW episode?
Ginga Board > Community board > Ginga Densetsu Weed
Blue Horse
What's your favorite Episode from GDW? Sorry if they'res another thread about this.
My favorite is GDW episode 22, i think......the one where hiro fights kamakiri. It's been a while
since i've seen the anime.....they were tookwn of You tube.
GoldenPuma
Mine would be episode 25. Becuase Jerome dies, i never liked him really.
Blue Horse
Are you sure it's episode 25? Becuase i don't think it is.
Tora
It is the end of episode 25 Jerome drowns.

My favorite Weed episode of all time will always be episode 5. Not to mention it was the bested in art (in my eyes), but also Kagetora's speach, and the whole fight with Kaibutsu.
pyk
QUOTE (GoldenPuma @ Nov 12 2011, 11:04 PM) *
Mine would be episode 25. Becuase Jerome dies, i never liked him really.

ok i read this then just burst into laughter. You win for that one statement, bro.

Mine would be 5, for all the reasons Tora said. oh my god i really need to watch it again
Northwing
The last episode (26). It had by far the best art style in my opinion and it was overall powerful in storytelling.
Blue Horse
QUOTE (pyk @ Nov 13 2011, 02:28 PM) *
ok i read this then just burst into laughter. You win for that one statement, bro.

Mine would be 5, for all the reasons Tora said. oh my god i really need to watch it again

I've seen episode so many times. I've seen the early episodes over and over that i get tired
of the old ones.
Lune
I'm hopping on the episode 5 bandwagon. The fight with Kaibutsu was just so exciting and very well-drawn. Other than that, I love episode 21. Even though it's such a sad episode because of Toube's death, I love how emotionally charged it is.
AlexUnderDog_aka_aziL972
11 - Lecter and Thunder lecter.gif thunder.gif
26 - True Ginga Legend weed.gif gdwgin.gif hougen.gif
queencheetah
QUOTE (Northwing @ Nov 13 2011, 06:32 AM) *
The last episode (26). It had by far the best art style in my opinion and it was overall powerful in storytelling.

^YES. Episode 5 also rocked, but the last episode is just so superior in its execution. Episode 11(?) with Teru's father is also pretty heartwrenching, but Hiro's victory in 21 is my second favorite.
kaji kiba
besides 26 and 5 I would also have to say episode 1...it was also well drawn (for the most part) but one of my favs ^^
Ona Gin
Bouncing on the episode 5 and 26 bandwagon here 8D;
The art for episode 5 was lovely, and I adored the Kaibutsu arc. For episode 26, while I wasn't fond of the style they did that episode in, was very powerful. I get chills when I see the ghosts <3

Also, they're the only episodes I really remember, it's been such a long time since I've seen this series
Tikikata
Episode 5, hands down. I'm a huge Kaibutsu fan. In fact, he's my favorite from GDW. The episode captured his sad past perfectly.

Also a huge fan of episode 21 because of Toubei. I always seem to cry when they discover his frozen body.
WeedoWeedoWeedo
episode 5: The art was the closest it ever came to Yoshi's style. ( thats just me)
episode 9: John dies. T_T Its sad, but I never get tired of watching hougen's ego defilate xD
ANNND episode 26: Because we all know why. weed.gif
Rusty
Episode 26.
Zingotaltora
Episode 26, because of the awesome art and finale smile.gif but I have to say I also love episodes 10 and 11, intro of my favourite character and such a powerful sub-story with Teru and his Dad, made me cry <3
silverfangweed
ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL weed.gif
GoldenPuma
kaibutsu.gif Kaibutsu dies in episode 5, It sucks!
gangstaguru123

My favorite would episode 17. Its where Genba gets his head smashed in smile.gif and that Kisaragi's sons are in it it.
Blue Horse
QUOTE (gangstaguru123 @ Nov 24 2011, 10:17 AM) *
My favorite would episode 17. Its where Genba gets his head smashed in smile.gif and that Kisaragi's sons are in it it.

I'm not sure who kisargi and his sons are. What do they look like?
It's been a while since i watched GDW. I can't find any website that shows it
anymore.
The Lioness
There are a lot of episodes I really like, I will need to rewatch them all because I watched 26 episodes in like a week, so I'm not familuar with what happened in a few episodes, I knew what happened, but cant line them up with the episodes lol.

Number 5 like everyone is saying, the first one, because of everything, gb, weed, weeds mom, ect.

More later lol
Thylacine
Off the top of my head...I like 5,9,17,25, and 26. I think I remember liking 8 too, but it's been a while since I've seen it.
Blue Horse
QUOTE (Thylacine @ Jan 13 2012, 05:38 PM) *
Off the top of my head...I like 5,9,17,25, and 26. I think I remember liking 8 too, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

Yeah it's been a while since i've seen it too. Though i remember
some of the episodes. They took them all off of you tube.
Darkedr-san
1 and 26.
Capt. Snugglebottom
My fave would have to be where Tesshin fights Genba. I am just all over that episode in particular, though ALL the episodes to me were good. I also fancy Episodes 1 and 2 alot as well. I love how brave GB gets for a moment there when he see's Weed trying to save Sasuke and gets attacked himself.
ZackThePuppy
I loved the Kaibutsu arc (episodes 3-6), episode 15 (Jerome gets shot in the leg and still manages to outrun the humans), episode 16 (Weed banishes Jerome), episode 21 and 22 (when they rescue Gin, and Hiro's badass fight with Kamikiri), 25 (I always found Jerome's death very touching), and 26, because Hougen finally dies, LOL!
RedTheAkita
QUOTE (Blue Horse @ Jan 12 2012, 11:27 PM) *
I'm not sure who kisargi and his sons are. What do they look like?
It's been a while since i watched GDW. I can't find any website that shows it
anymore.

You can watch GDW on Veoh. I like all of them! But I'm not very fond of episode 1 and 2 since when they talk, their mouths don't move.
allu
My favourite episodes are: 1,5,15,21,22,25,26. I have maybe few favourite more, but because i watched GDW anime last long time ago, i don't remember all episodes.
caninesrock
Kaibutsu's arc and any episodes with Jerome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.