Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ginga, worth a thousand words, but is it worth $1000?
Ginga Board > Members' board > Auctions and Trading Post
SilverToraGe
http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u36790693

pfft, yea no thanks. a Gin plush cost less.
SteelFangs
That is severely overpriced for a starting bid.
A John plush is my last true grail and the chances of another to even pop up are extremely slim.
I don't have enough money especially with the situation i'm in with being in college and caring for another dog let alone digging up that much for a plush no matter how badly I want him...

fuck my life.
Rusty
Jesus they're not that rare. Exstortionate much?
Mako
It's actually closer to $1300 dollars.

I think that's WAY overpriced. I mean, that's around the same price as international airfare.
sunny
lol tongue.gif actually I think it's the same seller who had a Riki plush up for like 200,000 yen a couple of months back
SilverToraGe
QUOTE (SteelFangs @ Sep 7 2011, 11:44 AM) *
That is severely overpriced for a starting bid.
A John plush is my last true grail and the chances of another to even pop up are extremely slim.
I don't have enough money especially with the situation i'm in with being in college and caring for another dog let alone digging up that much for a plush no matter how badly I want him...

fuck my life.

^This. Ginga plushies dont ever seem to show up at a good financial time for me. Course, I still dont think I would pay that for it. i couldnt live with myself if I did XD
I do find me self saying "fuck my life" alot.. X(

QUOTE (Mako @ Sep 7 2011, 11:55 AM) *
It's actually closer to $1300 dollars.

I think that's WAY overpriced. I mean, that's around the same price as international airfare.

I meant $1000 range, what ever the specific cost, I wouldnt pay nearly that for one plush. Thats just absurd.
ZackThePuppy
That is bullllllllllllllllllshit.

I mean, I've seen plushies over $1000 before, like the giant animals at FAO Schwartz, but $1,000 for a Ginga plushy...come on. This is just as bad as Webkinz...when certain ones got rare they went for like, $4000 dollars dry.gif
Dunkin
I saw this earlier, and laughed so hard...
I mean I have that elusive and highly saught after Offical "Amaterasu" Plush from Okami and even that thing has yet to go for that much :/

I would NEVER pay that much for a plush, no matter how bad I wanted it XD

I will say though, that John is pretty epic ^^
Tikikata
I would not pay for a plushie of THAT size for THAT much. I'd much rather spend that kind of money on... something that matters, lol. *shot* But yeah, god dang, what... geez.
queencheetah
>drooooollllls< Hang on- >uses computer calculator cuz' math hurts brain<
HOLY SH*T!!!! ohmy.gif

Really?! Really? I know they're rare but for Christ's sake it's a freakin' stuffed animal!!

...sadly, I am still tempted to bid on it, but my mum would kill me before it even got here.

EDIT: Forget it, Imma bid on this one instead smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ginga-Densetsu-Wee...=item336b989e10
Dunkin
QUOTE (queencheetah @ Sep 7 2011, 06:30 PM) *
>drooooollllls< Hang on- >uses computer calculator cuz' math hurts brain<
HOLY SH*T!!!! ohmy.gif

Really?! Really? I know they're rare but for Christ's sake it's a freakin' stuffed animal!!

...sadly, I am still tempted to bid on it, but my mum would kill me before it even got here.

EDIT: Forget it, Imma bid on this one instead smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ginga-Densetsu-Wee...=item336b989e10

I would be careful with that weed too though, he looks to be in crap condition *Very Used* , not sure if you care about that sort of thing, but for that pricetag I would lol ^^ Um...I would Care that is XD
But I wish ya luck getting him and all though if you do decide to go for it C: ^^

That John is lovely but for 1000+ I could get myself something much better lol... heck Even a Gin plush for less than that (which I hope to do eventually)
Zingotaltora
HELL YEAH! ... waaaiiit a sec, $1000?!? DANGIT! Any time I see plushes with stupid price tags like this makes me regret hearing about them in the first place :/ Hell I doubt that my parents would e happy with spending $100 on 'a stuffed dog' :L $1000 is waaay steep though however nice a John he is wink.gif
Hakijo
Are you fucking kidding me!?!? For a plush!?!?

Seriously. 1,000 freakin' dollars for a STUFFED TOY. xD Lol. Lololololol.

Haha, good luck selling that, whoever idiot you are. xD
Hiro-sama
this is one sad sad case.
queencheetah
I looked over him again, and he doesn't even have his tag. If he was mint in his bag with the original tag, I'd pay a maximum of maybe... $400? Maybe $500. As for the actual value- I think Riki and Gin are the rarest ginga plush- I know Mel and GB are the most common (aside from Weed), so assuming John is somewhere in between, I'd say he's probably worth only $300 or so, max.

...I have to admit, I'm really curious if anyone from Japan is going to bid on this.
Kayden
QUOTE (queencheetah @ Sep 7 2011, 06:20 PM) *
I looked over him again, and he doesn't even have his tag. If he was mint in his bag with the original tag, I'd pay a maximum of maybe... $400? Maybe $500. As for the actual value- I think Riki and Gin are the rarest ginga plush- I know Mel and GB are the most common (aside from Weed), so assuming John is somewhere in between, I'd say he's probably worth only $300 or so, max.

I don't know... I don't browse around much for the plushies, but John actually seems to be one of the rarest, tied with Riki.

But yeah, no. I just fished out $15,000 for college this semester, in addition to the money coming off of my sparse paycheck that goes to essentials and GAS (I hate paying for gas, as I'm sure you all do, too). It's hard to think that there's people so desperate for a plush to pay as much as $1000+. If it were $200-400 or so - while still a stretch - it'd be at least fairly reasonable given its rarity.

Meh. With my financial situation and the prices these things tend to go for, I don't think I'll ever get the money to buy a Ginga plushie. I just want one. Sad.
LadyQuestrin
QUOTE (queencheetah @ Sep 7 2011, 06:20 PM) *

...I have to admit, I'm really curious if anyone from Japan is going to bid on this.

I believe that Gin, Riki, John, and Ben are the rarest. Weed, Ken, Mel, and (I think) GB are the most common. I hope that helped smile.gif but I agree with you he's way overpriced.
caninesrock
Maybe I'm just a cheap-scape but I'd never pay more than $50 dollars for a stuffed animal, no matter how rare.
kyoushirothesilver
You could buy a lot of food or other essentials with that money. Just sayin'. Pretty ridiculous for a plushie.
CoffieDog
WTF?! That's insane. I payed $122 for a Weed plushie and I don't think I'd pay anymore for any plushie. sleep.gif Who in the right mind would pay $1000 for a small, used condition, stuffed animal?
Crystal
Hm... Over $1000 for a starting bid is overpriced, seeing as I only paid $200 for a Gin plush which a lot of people would argue is even rarer than John. I don't know. I can't read Japanese and Google Translate isn't of much help, but I'm not going to go as far as calling them an idiot just because they are charging a lot. He/She could be trying to match the price with the high demand for Ginga plushies and I have no idea their current financial situation, so that would be unfair of me. I haven't seen many plushies of John up for sale on any sort of auction site, so it may be unclear to them how much people are willing to pay for a rare plush such as this one. I'm sure they'll lower the price if nobody bids.

However, while a John plush is something I really want, I'm going to pass. I would never pay that much for something like this. It was bad enough dishing out a few hundred. I won't argue that this is overpriced.
queencheetah
No one bought it... not that surprising given the economy in Japan atm, but I was wondering just how crazy some of the Japanese fans are. O.o
Little My
I Agree with Crystal here
But I most say that I'm not really so surprising
I mean come on there are many who wish or hunt for the plushes
And taking that they are really rare this days
Well that make the price higher and higher the more time goes by.
Just over the years the plush have got higher in the price:
And I just feel that you can not compare now and then

First time the plushes came out there prices were around 200 - 600 Swedish kr
It most be 29 - 86 dollars (correct me if I'm wrong)
Frist time I saw then was on the Swedish auction site : tradera.
And at that time (most been around the years 2006-2007) they were rare to
Not like this days but still

Back
The seller or sellers can take a price, in this caste really hight (yes I can agree to that)
In the end it's up to the buyers if the item are attractive to bid or not
I just react that you can "bark" at someone (in this case) , just for he/she sell something for a hight price.

Collectors have to keep it in mined that some people will use the popularity, to get money
Therefor be wake and be awake for the prices
queencheetah
>le bump!<

It's back up again, this time for half the price...

50,000 yen

At current conversion rates it's just about $700.

...>stops finger from clicking< "Rnnng... must...remember...broke!!"
GDWMel
ARE THEY SERIOUS 1000 for a John Plush too is way too much
Hakijo
Hmm, good thing they lowered it. $700. Not bad.
Dunkin
From what I've seen its $500 now? Thats not bad, its definitely alot better than $1,000+
If I weren't broke I'd buy it myself XD
queencheetah
QUOTE (Dunkin @ Sep 26 2011, 07:21 AM) *
From what I've seen its $500 now? Thats not bad, its definitely alot better than $1,000+
If I weren't broke I'd buy it myself XD

Technically the U.S. dolllar is still doing worse than the yen, so it's more along the lines of 72 to 75 yen to one dollar (changes every day). So, 50,000/72 = approx. $700. sad.gif
Dunkin
QUOTE (queencheetah @ Sep 26 2011, 06:56 PM) *
Technically the U.S. dolllar is still doing worse than the yen, so it's more along the lines of 72 to 75 yen to one dollar (changes every day). So, 50,000/72 = approx. $700. sad.gif

Hmm, well $700 is a bit much in my opinion haha. Maybe if he were mint with tag, it'd be different.
and yeah I'm aware, its like that everywhere C:

Hyzenthlay1996
Just like pretty much everyone else, I would LOVE a ginga plush, but rare or not, I wouldn't pay $100, or even $50 bucks for a plush like that. I wouldn't even go over $20 bucks
I mean, think about it. Paying up to, say: $600 dollars for a big head dog plush when it unknowingly cost maybe a dollar or more to make, is just ridiculous. You can buy a laptop, or a crap car or a really good TV for that much, but a relatively small stuffed dog? I think it's just plain hilarious. But I'm pretty sure that not even the biggest fan would pay $1000 for one XD
wolfie
I think this discussion is more fit to this topic
http://www.gingasite.net/ginga_board/index...=12987&st=0

than here in auction
riki sama
on ebay now there is a weed (large) plush for 600$.
and 1000$ for a john plush ,is just crazy.i really want him though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.