Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ugh Kyoushiro
Ginga Board > Community board > Ginga Densetsu Weed
Pages: 1, 2
Punjab
Hi GB I'm gonna just pop in with a topic here and just rant about Kyoushiro and how his complete turn-around of character and personality is completely dumb.

I encourage anyone and everyone to also rant about other characters having a complete overhaul in personality during the series' run. I know that some people hate Jerome for going from a complete hardass assassin to Weed's nanny and that old grandpa Gin just can't kick it like he used to and that sucks or whatever.

What made these characters go from being too cool to incredibly lame?

I think Kyoushiro is a prime example of this heel-turn personality.

Hi, I'm Kyoushiro and I'm pretty much a badass. You see this dramatic lighting? You know serious shit's about to go down

What the fuck do you mean I'm bleeding, it's just a scratch you moron stop being such a girl

WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL MY MOTHER

Shut your whore mouth

I WILL PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE

Cue to later volumes, where not only he starts acting like a typical hormonal tween girl but starts to look like one too:

Oh teehee Weedo you charmer you!!

Wh wh what do you mean Pokemon White is out of stock?!

Hi I'm Kyoushiro and now all I can do in this manga is make dorpy wide-eyed angry faces at whatever needs comic relief at the time. I serve no purpose to the story anymore and never intend on being a serious character ever again.

I love crying and drooling/having snot everywhere, just in case I wasn't too out-of-character for you guys as is.

God I hope Yoshihiro has Kyou get smacked by a rock in WEED Orion and hopefully he'll come back down to reality and start acting LIKE A LEADER AGAIN. Because you guys remember, he was the boss of a pack before. I know. Hard to believe!
Rusty
Ugh, can't agree with you more. Yoshi just seems to be losing track with these old characters. It's the same with Gin. I mean seriously what the hell happened to the legendary son of Riki? What happened to the Leader of Ohu?

D':
Frozenstar
I love you and your MASSIVE wit Punjab it is an oasis of sanity in this Ginga mess.

There are a few tropes that express what tends to happen here:
- Character Derailment
- Badass Decay
- Flanderization
- Motive Decay
- the Theory of Narrative Causality
- Flat Character
- Chickification
Troll Berserker
I see much Flanderization here xD

And I hate how the style changed to make Kyoshiro turn from badass-looking guy to girl. Look at his eyes in his early appearance! It's completely different! D:

I'm starting to like Akame. He's flat and perfectly perfect, wise and kickass fighter from beggening to the end when he is about 30 years.
Hakijo
I really wish Kyo didnt join Weeds pack. >.>
pyk
Ughh yes. Kyou was badass in the intro but then turned into a girly brat. Instead of character development (AND MIGHT I SAY THIS IS 60 FUCKING VOLUMES) most of Yoshi's characters stay the same or worsen.

The only character I say has real development is Hyena. He's wishy-washy but then sacrifices his life for the better good.

I kinda disagree on Gin though. We've seen him throwing around Nero's and Hougen's goons before Reika came and saved the day. He's kinda hard to fight with your legs broken you know...and I kinda wanted to die even when my mom said my spoon i made was too skinny in the middle so iunno
ShilukI
I like how most of the oldies haven't really been touched by this "derailment," but seriously, Kyoshiro? You were friggin awesome then 40 (!!) volumes later you have the weirdest-looking eyes and most horrible personality.
ZackThePuppy
I don't understand...he used to be such a badass...what happened? :c
Frozenstar
QUOTE (ZackThePuppy @ May 3 2011, 04:05 PM) *
I don't understand...he used to be such a badass, and now it's like he's some sort of gay guy.

It's more that he looks 'gay' because of the ridiculous lashes. before he was just a little bit bishie, but now his eyes are ginormous. One of the things the anime did right IMO was eliminating the threat of eyelashes. XD
Rusty
He looked so much better in the anime without them lashes. One thing DEEN did right LOL.
Punjab
Frozen I can always count on you to TVTrope all up in heyuh! All of those are pretty much spot-on though.

QUOTE (Hakijo @ May 3 2011, 09:35 PM) *
I really wish Kyo didnt join Weeds pack. >.>

I think it would've been awesome if Kyou and Weed came to an agreement to just be allies and have both of their packs travel together but not meld into one whole army under Weed's command. But I still think, even if in his original leader position, he still would've ended up pretty silly

QUOTE (pyk @ May 3 2011, 10:01 PM) *
I kinda disagree on Gin though. We've seen him throwing around Nero's and Hougen's goons before Reika came and saved the day. He's kinda hard to fight with your legs broken you know...and I kinda wanted to die even when my mom said my spoon i made was too skinny in the middle so iunno

Yep I agree. I don't dislike Jerome or GDW Gin, I was just using those examples because that's what I hear most from other fans. I actually love Gin in GDW (the manga anyways), he seemed like a true legend to me rather than in GNG where he was just 'Riki's son' or just a 'platoon leader'. In GDW he seemed to be more of a big deal like his dad than in GNG =D

Also what on the spoon comment

@Zack: You know by this point I really wouldn't be surprised if he has the biggest mancrush on Weed. Always nagging him, pissing on his girlfriend Koyuki... ugh stuff that old Kyoushiro would never do methinks!

When we first met him he was so calm and cool yet ready to bulldoze anyone over if they even looked at him wrong. Now he just trips over rocks or has strings of snot oozing out of his nose or something
Frozenstar
QUOTE (Punjab @ May 3 2011, 04:20 PM) *
Frozen I can always count on you to TVTrope all up in heyuh! All of those are pretty much spot-on though.

I think it would've been awesome if Kyou and Weed came to an agreement to just be allies and have both of their packs travel together but not meld into one whole army under Weed's command. But I still think, even if in his original leader position, he still would've ended up pretty silly

@Zack: You know by this point I really wouldn't be surprised if he has the biggest mancrush on Weed. Always nagging him, pissing on his girlfriend Koyuki... ugh stuff that old Kyoushiro would never do methinks!

When we first met him he was so calm and cool yet ready to bulldoze anyone over if they even looked at him wrong. Now he just trips over rocks or has strings of snot oozing out of his nose or something

TVTropes is my life ಥ_ಥ

It would have been interesting plotwise if Kyoushiro's allegiances were never fully won over by Weed; for example, if he wanted to keep tabs on his territory or only loan Weed half of his soldiers while giving them his own orders.

And LOL! Kyoushiro with a mancrush? XD Maybe it was because Weed was his only friend his age, oh wait, that's not true since all of his packmates were his age, theory debunked by default.
Rusty
QUOTE (pyk @ May 3 2011, 09:01 PM) *

True, I may be wrong, but I just feel he's softened a bit. I don't know.
Punjab
You just don't see the chemistry between them like I do Frozen.

In my ten thousand folders of fanfics that I have written, one of Kyoushiro's gorgeous eyelashes falls out, Weed picks it up with his paw-thumb and whispers sweetly into Kyou's ear

"Make a wish"

Then they make lots of Kyou-Weedo babies, this is legit, don't flame me you're just a homophobic troll, my fans will go after you I'm not scared

... okay back to serious discussion. 8[

It's a shame the great "demon of Shiga" or whatever his moniker was has been reduced to nothing but a comic relief lackey grouped in with GB and Sasuke doing their daily wacky things and being goofy! Oh those three!
Seriously though, if Yoshi suspected this to happen to Kyou, what was the point of ever introducing him in the first place? Wait no I know the answer, he was supposed to be a replacement for Akame. It was inevitable.
CoffieDog
Totally agree with ya Punjab. I LOVED the awesome cool Kyoushiro that was during the Hougen arc, but after that he became ugly, hideous, *names 100 synonyms for ugly*. WHY YOSHI?!!!!!

QUOTE (Rusty @ May 3 2011, 03:15 PM) *
He looked so much better in the anime without them lashes. One thing DEEN did right LOL.

^^My thoughts EXACTLY.
JeromeGDW
Anybody who joins Weed will probably soften up a bit... well to me
Digsu
Kyo must have caught a mysterious illness that makes you become younger over time instead of older. And causes your testosterone levels to plummet. He just looks and acts much more mature when he's first introduced.

Also, please tell me that thing on the last picture is not actually Kyoushiro without his scars. If it is... I just don't wanna know.

yoshihirotakahashi.gif HURRY UP WE'VE GOTTA HAVE THE NEXT VOLUME READY IN THREE DAYS!
Random assistant guy: I'm sorry, I just can't draw Kyoushiro's scars by heart yet because he's got so many of th-
yoshihirotakahashi.gif THEN FORGET ABOUT THE DAMN SCARS JUST DRAW HIS GORGEOUS AND UBERLARGE EYELASHES THAT'S ALL THE READERS WILL NEED TO KNOW IT'S HIM!
caninesrock
Well, the manga went on for a long time, so maybe Kyou is old now. He probably just got senile in his old age. Lol. XD
queencheetah
XD Punjab, your captions are hillarious. This just made my day.
But seriously, they did totally ruin Kyo's character- what happened to the wild, brash leader who almost ditched Weed?
(Looks waaay too girly in the later chapters, I agree- although I can't help but wonder what mascara brand he uses- I'm jealous).
ShilukI
He doesn't even look like a girl--he looks like a mentally challenged drag queen.
Mako
QUOTE (ShilukI @ May 4 2011, 06:57 PM) *
He doesn't even look like a girl--he looks like a mentally challenged drag queen.

Aaand now the only voice I can hear Kyoshiro's voice in is Alice's from Superjail!
pyk
QUOTE (caninesrock @ May 4 2011, 10:36 AM) *
Well, the manga went on for a long time, so maybe Kyou is old now. He probably just got senile in his old age. Lol. XD

But Kyou is roughly Weed's age, maybe a bit older by a few months, and Weed's not old at all. He still doesn't have his adult eyes in GDWO.
ZackThePuppy
I think Kyo may have "softened up" a bit and become more playful instead of menacing when he joined Weed's group, but him acting like a girl.......? No.
caninesrock
QUOTE (pyk @ May 4 2011, 02:20 PM) *
But Kyou is roughly Weed's age, maybe a bit older by a few months, and Weed's not old at all. He still doesn't have his adult eyes in GDWO.

Really? I didn't know that. The anime made him seem older than Weed. I always thought he was an adult mabye just about 2-4 years old,but immature while I thought Weed was a puppy that was just a few months old.
queencheetah
QUOTE (caninesrock @ May 4 2011, 04:22 PM) *
Really? I didn't know that. The anime made him seem older than Weed.

I think in the anime somewhere when he's talking to Weed he mentions that in his pack, "none of us are over one year old, yet it's like we've lived ten years." or something. But yeah, they both act kinda immature at points tongue.gif.
Frozenstar
QUOTE (caninesrock @ May 4 2011, 05:22 PM) *
Really? I didn't know that. The anime made him seem older than Weed. I always thought he was an adult mabye just about 2-4 years old,but immature while I thought Weed was a puppy that was just a few months old.

Kyou's pack is made up of not-quite-adults; when he is introduced, I think Kyou is like around 1 year old.
ember
Oh man, I couldn't beleive that the dog in the later volumes was Kyoushiro...he's so ugly.
You know your desprate for a mate when...
Punjab
Let's all just agree that as Kyoushiro's eyelashes got longer his brain got smaller

I'd really like to see some good old-fashioned character development with some of these guys, like with Mel or Kagetora. I think the only character in this series that genuinely developed into a genuine character would be Teru.
I dislike Orion's current plotline and art but if anything I'm hoping some old characters come to light with some new substance added to them.

Also that Kyou still gets smacked in the face by a rock

I still stand by this
Legendteisu
OMG Digsu xDD

Kyoushiro is the Benjamin Button of the ginga universe, nuff said.

Punjab
Teisu I just laughed 'til I cried, you are the greatest
Rusty
^ Ho sweet jeezus xD
MitchFox
QUOTE (Punjab @ May 6 2011, 04:26 AM) *
Let's all just agree that as Kyoushiro's eyelashes got longer his brain got smaller

I'd really like to see some good old-fashioned character development with some of these guys, like with Mel or Kagetora. I think the only character in this series that genuinely developed into a genuine character would be Teru.
I dislike Orion's current plotline and art but if anything I'm hoping some old characters come to light with some new substance added to them.

Also that Kyou still gets smacked in the face by a rock

I still stand by this

Speaking of getting smacked by a rock, let's not forget that in the manga (GDW volume 23); Kyoushiro was literally hit in the head and face by a big rock by Hougen's henchdogs when they (thanks to Bat's sense of smell) found out that he is a spy in the ranks. This was set at the time when Kyoushiro pretended to betray Ohu, join Hougen's forces and befriended Buruge.
Probably getting his head hit by a big rock may have reverted him to brash personality to infantile.
Haru
>.> EWWWWWWW.

that's all I have to say.
Kasi
Aw poor Kyou!

Punjab, why did you have to bring the full force of this reality to our eyes?? DDDD:
Punjab
QUOTE (Kasi @ May 7 2011, 05:50 AM) *
Aw poor Kyou!

Punjab, why did you have to bring the full force of this reality to our eyes?? DDDD:

I was made to bring you down 8[
pyk
Can anyone else say this also applies to ROCKET?

they b checkin mah style

lul i defy all sense of anatomy !!

Ughhh seriously. Not to mention he got a really small background role as the manga progressed. And I liked Rocket. Poor Rocket. :[

@Kasi: I totally dare you to make an av of of EYELASHED KYOU. >]
Rusty
Rocket looked great when he first appeared. And then he sorta...melted.
Kasi
Vrrr *shivers* ....Rocket 0_0

In the meantime, here is a dashing Kyou avie like you suggest Pyk!

Wa, green. I gotta go to bed tongue.gif
Rusty
Kyou looks like a zombie xD
pyk
QUOTE (Kasi @ May 7 2011, 10:57 AM) *
Vrrr *shivers* ....Rocket 0_0

In the meantime, here is a dashing Kyou avie like you suggest Pyk!

Wa, green. I gotta go to bed tongue.gif

...BAHA I didn't know you were actually gonna do it! XD

Kyou looks like a masterpiece here. Wide, eyelashed eyes with thge looks of upcoming surprise - perfect combo. And you added his famous drool, really nice touch!

Naaah joking aside you made a real ugly pic turn real pretty Kasi. <3 I'm tempted to use this but I don't want to give up on the pretty av Frozen made me. xD
ember
Rocket-The amazing eel dog.
Frozenstar
LOL # Kasi's avatar XD He looks pretty good there, surprisingly. Your avatar style just negates his ugliness.
Gaia-sama
Fuck yeah; I actually think that almost every character in both GDW and GNG (Sorry if i'm going off topic) get separated from their intended personalities and become nanny's of Gin and Weed. The fuck? Jerome started off as a cold, kickass assassin then later became Weed's grandpa. Ben was originally an awesome soon-to-be-general that the other platoons looked up to, then became Gin's babysitter. There should've been more of a transition from Akame being a cold-hearted ninja, to an honorable Ou soldier.

Almost all of Yoshi's characters don't develop. They become girly asses

By the way, their anatomy sucks
Turtle
He gets younger for each chapter that goes. Just like Benjamin Button.
Ona Gin
QUOTE (Punjab @ May 3 2011, 06:20 PM) *

...What the ever loving eff is going on in that picture?

Uuurgh, it's been way to long since I've watched/read anything to do with GDW, so my opinion probably isn't that valid. It really annoyed me how he was awesome and then he was not ;A;
Also, his eyelashes. Did Yoshihiro try and make him a ~*~kawaii bishie~*~ dog or something? Because bishie does not work on anything not human. They didn't bother me in the first couple of volumes he was in, but then later on he decided to apply to the mascara and it all went down hill from there sadface.
Hyzenthlay Rose
LOL, oh God I wish I could favorite topics

Anyways, I hate new Kyoushiro too. When he first appeared he was an awesome fighter and was hardcore. Then somehow he morphed into a teen girl O___O

And instead of continuing to be awesome, he became a comic relief character. Why did they even need to make him one, didn't we already have GB and Sasuke for that? Out of all the dogs, why Kyoushiro? ;A;

And then there's Rocket. When he first showed he was a beautiful and well-drawn Borzoi. Now he looks like a horsie-eel thing ಥ_ಥ
deathstar899
LOL this made me laugh so much x'DD
believe me, I LOVE kyoushiro but you've got a point.
queencheetah
QUOTE (Ona Gin @ May 14 2011, 07:30 AM) *
...What the ever loving eff is going on in that picture?

XD He's a flying squirrel! Apparently manga covers aren't bomb-proof.
ZackThePuppy
It seems like Yoshi is just forgetting about his old characters these days...like Gin now has the personality of cardboard and just stands around going, "Oh yeah, I'm Weed's dad, I'm important but I barely do anything anymore lol."

I agree with Punjab 100%, Kyoushiro used to be so badass and ruthless, and now he's just there for comic relief. Though I thought it was hilarious when Jerome and Weed came back when everyone thought they were dead, and he banged his head against a tree in disbelief XD.
GoldenPuma
I did'nt really noticed. I never read the manga, but i recently watched the anime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.